Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oreo Truffles and Cookie Dough Truffles

These delightful little morsels were a big hit at the farewell, and its because they are delicious!  I have seen several recipes for the Oreo truffles, but I'll post the one I ended up using.  If I would have known we would be doing this blog, I would have taken pictures, but you can see them at The Sister's Cafe.  

They are really pretty easy, especially if you don't do them all in one day and make a triple batch of each.  I felt like I was just rolling and dipping all day.  It was worth it, though!  Yum!

Oreo Truffles

1 bag regular Oreos 
1 pkg.  softened cream cheese
1 bag white chocolate chips, vanilla almond bark, or candy melts

Grind the Oreos up in your food processor.  I put the ground Oreos in my mixer and mixed in the cream cheese. Some recipes I found called for 1 1/2 pkg. cream cheese, but I was running out so I just used one.  If you like cream cheese, use a little more.  Roll mixture into one inch balls and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.  If you are using white chocolate chips, melt in microwave at 30 second intervals at 50% power till melted and creamy, or melt vanilla almond bark.  I've had bad luck with melting white chocolate chips, so I tried almond bark.  I ran out half way through and finished the rest with vanilla dipping chips (called candy melts) from the Wilton section at WalMart, and they were even easier to work with.  Use a fork to dip the balls in the white chocolate.  Let set until firm, then drizzle with melted chocolate  (chocolate chips, almond bark, or dipping chips).  Hide a few where you keep your secret chocolate stash cause they'll disappear fast!  Makes about 30.


Cookie Dough Truffles

I have absolutely no problem eating cookie dough with raw eggs, I've eaten more than my fair share!  This recipe doesn't have any eggs, for those of you who might be worried about it.  

1 c. butter
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 c. brown sugar
small (3.5) oz. box vanilla instant pudding
1/4 c. milk
1 T. vanilla
2 c. mini chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar, add pudding and mix well.  Add milk and vanilla.  Mix in flour and baking soda and mix until well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  This might shock you all, but I thought 2 cups was a little too much chocolate.  Next time I'm going to do 1 1/2 cups and add a little at a time from there.  Roll into balls and refrigerate for an hour or two, then dip in melted chocolate.  The recipe I used (from The Sister's Cafe) says to dip in melted chocolate chips, but I feel like the chocolate chips don't harden very well and stay too soft, so I used the dipping chips again.  They are a little more expensive than a bag of chocolate chips but are really easy to work with and taste good, too.  So, dip however you want too!  Drizzle with melted white chocolate, and go hide a few of these, too!  I'm not sure how many this recipe makes, I tripled it and didn't count them all.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I think I'm going to go make these right now!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete